Garlic Wash Slug Control
We are always asked about how to protect hostas from being eaten by slugs and snails. Garlic wash is a really simple, cheap and safe way to protect your hostas with using harmful pellets. Here is a simple recipe that we use on the nursery.
- Take 2 full bulbs of garlic and add them to approximately 2L of water in a saucepan.
- Boil until soft and squash with the back of a fork to release as much juice as possible.
- Sieve out skins and bits so you are left with a cloudy liquid concentrate.
- Dilute approximately 2 tablespoons to 5L of water in a sprayer or watering can.
- Spray or water over your plants once a week.
- High dosage and more regular applications may be needed in wet weather.