As seen during our appearance on BBC Gardeners World we use garlic wash as a slug deterrent on the nursery. Please find below the recipe that we use and find very effective. The quantities aren't exact and you can always alter them as you wish.
- Take 2 full bulbs of garlic and add them to approximately 2L of water in a saucepan.
- Boil until soft and squash with the back of a fork to release as much juice as possible.
- Sieve out skins and bits so you are left with a cloudy liquid concentrate.
- Dilute approximately 2 tablespoons to 5L of water in a sprayer or watering can.
- Spray or water over your plants once a week.
- High dosage and more regular applications may be needed in wet weather.
Open a window because it's going to get garlicky!